Friday, August 24, 2012

Quiet Waters


Is anything as refreshing as water? A cool drink when you're dry. A refreshing splash when you're melting in the heat. A dip in a chilly lake on a summer afternoon. A life-giving drink when you're parched. 

A long drink of God's gift of Living Water - Jesus Himself.

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens

Psalm 23: 1-2

“He lets me lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside quiet waters.”





Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens
Psalm 42:1-2a

"As a deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, God.


I thirst for God, the living God.”



3 comments:

Linda A. said...

Jean,

Lovely and refreshing. I especially enjoyed the simile about the deer longing for water from a stream.

Carol Baldwin said...

And how about John 4:13-14? Or maybe you had that on your previous post. Lovely pictures and great connections!

Jean said...

Thank you, Carol and Linda, for leaving a comment. It is my hope that these little photo devos will lift someone's spirits and cause them to stop and worship with me.

Blessings to you both,
Jean