Monday, July 16, 2012

The Writer's Plot Conference

I'm off this coming weekend to The Writer's Plot Writing Conference at Furman University in Greenville, SC.


I am looking forward to seeing good writing friends again, and to meeting for the first time some talented people in the field of children's literature. Folks like:

Writing buddies - Samantha Bell, Pam Zollman, Jean Hall
  • Harold Underdown
  • Edie Melson
  • Vonda Skelton
  • Pat Thompson
  • Alan Gratz
  • Jessica Alexander
  • Katya Jensen
  • Diana Flegal
  • Pam Zollman
They will cover topics like:

  • Social Networking
  • Writing for Magazines
  • Scene and Sequel
  • Picture Books
  • Plotting and Pacing
I'm making preparations. I'm already packed. I can hardly wait to get there and soak up some rays of inspiration! No SPF necessary!

If you're free this Saturday click here to register and join the excitement!

Next week I'll share some details and photos.


9 comments:

Linda A. said...

Jean,
I'm so glad you're getting to go to "The Writer's Plot Conference." It sounds great. I'm glad you'll blog about it later. I look forward to learning about it that way.

Sharon said...

Is this held yearly? I wish I had known in time, would have tried to make it there.

quietspirit said...

Jean: Enjoy your conference time. I have a commitment that I have to fulfill this Saturday,so I can't participate.

Vonda Skelton said...

Can't wait to be there, and getting to see you just makes it even better!

Jean said...

Thanks, Linda! You want to go? You can drive to my house and ride with me from there!

:-)
Jean

Jean said...

Hi, Sharon.

This is the 3rd Writer's Plot Confernce. 2011 & 2012 were held in August. This one July. At this point Pam intends to do it every year.

Hey - don't forget about Write2Ignite next March 15-16 near Greenville, SC, too.

Thanks for leaving a comment/question.

Jean

Jean said...

Thanks, QS! One of these days you and I absolutely MUST meet face-to-face.

Blessings,
Jean

Jean said...

Thanks, Vonda. What a nice thing to say! I'll see you soon.

Jean

Linda A. said...

Can't make it. But thanks for the offer.

Linda A.