Thursday, June 21, 2012

Holding My Head High




But You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, and the One who lifts up my head.   Psalm 3:3 (HCSB)


You are my shield:
Only in heaven will I know all that God has protected me from.


You are my glory:
Is my deepest want to want my life to reflect God’s glory?

You are the One who lifts up my head:
When I am too weary to lift my own head,  God lifts it for me.

When I am too ashamed to hold my heads up, God forgives, restores and holds my  head up again.

When I lack confidence in my abilities and gifts, God lifts my head so I can face whatever the problem is, and do whatever He has called me to do.

When trouble swirls around me and threatens to suck me under, God lifts my head and keeps me afloat.



Can I ever thank Him enough?

5 comments:

Donna Earnhardt said...

My Shield. wow. That is powerful imagery...and a true statement. I am thankful for His protection!

Linda A. said...

Jean,

Thanks be to God!

Linda A.

Carol Baldwin said...

Thanks, Jean. Great way to start my morning!

Cheryl Barker said...

I am so thankful, Jean, that the Lord is the lifter of our heads. Don't know what I'd do without him. Your question about our deepest want is indeed thought provoking -- one that would be good to ask ourselves time and again to help keep us on track. Many blessings to you!

quietspirit said...

Jean:
I love it when God speaks to me as a writer. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.