Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Majestic, Creative God

I've been remiss in posting here the last few weeks. A shortage of both time and focus are to blame, I'm afraid. Last January (2011) God let me know that the focus of my life in 2011 will be my family; the first four months of this year have verified that message for me. Please pray for me as God sends family matters  my way, that I will handle them with grace, love and joy.

I have been able to squeeze in some time learning to use my beautiful new camera that my DH gave me. I LOVE it! I have some (hopefully) paying projects tumbling around in the back room of my mind so that, one day, the camera will ultimately pay for itself.

[Hmmmm...sounds familiar. Didn't I think something like that way back when I started writing for publication?]

I'm caught up in the beauty of spring in our neck of the woods, so I'm gladly sharing some of it with you. I hope you not only enjoy the photos, but that the beauty of Creation around us causes you to stop to praise and worship our Majestic, Creative God.

Blessings, dear writing friends.








"The LORD is God, and he has made his light shine upon us." Psalm 118:27a









"Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them." Psalm 111:2




 "How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all;" Psalm 104:24

"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and
everything in them." Psalm 96:11-12







"...I sing for joy at the works of your hands. How great are your works, O LORD, how profound your thoughts!" Psalm 92:4-5









"Praise be to the LORD God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory." Psalm 72:18-19



"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation;" Psalm 62:1




Amen! and Amen!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,

Thanks for sharing your spring photos. I especially love the butterfly and bee ones. They'd make a lovely wall display, notecards, etc. I bet you could sell your art!

Linda A.

Vonda Skelton said...

Beautiful photos! I pray strength for the task God has for you right now. Love and blessings! Oh, and it's only 2011. :-) (I'm glad I'm not the only one!)

Cheryl Barker said...

Congrats on the new camera, Jean -- beautiful photos! I'd like to get a better camera some day, too.

All the best with all your family issues. (You must be overloaded because you mention 2012 a couple of times in your post. Am thinking you meant 2011?) Take care!

jan parys said...

Jean, Thanks for all that you have shared and how much you care. You are not alone in these trying days regarding challenges. Family and God are so important. You have chosen well.
Blessings always,
Jan

Jean said...

Ooops! I'll fix those 2012 dates!

Jean

Cindyb said...

Wondering what type of camera you have? You are getting beautiful pictures with it!

Write2ignite said...

Jean - these are beautiful. I had to take a second look b/c they looked so professional!

Kristi Butler said...

Hi Friend!
Loved the photos and verses!! You are indeed a woman of many talents!!

Love and hugs!

Carol Baldwin said...

beautiful. love the pictuers and scriptures to go alongside.