Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First Lines

Last week I shared with you a few thoughts from The 38 Most Common Fiction Writing Mistakes (And How To Avoid Them). I'd like to continue with that theme by sharing a few links that will point you to other great information about beginnings.

My friend, Niki Schoenfeldt, has two posts with some interesting thoughts about first lines.

And my new friend, Scoti Springfield Domeij, pointed me to this page with exercises to help you get the feel of great first lines.

Camy Tang has a series of five blog posts with terrific information about first pages.

Would it surprise you to know that my busy little fingers have completely erased the white "e" and "s" from my keyboard? And it's only two years old. Oh, my!

What about your keyboard? Which characters have been worn completely away? Just wondering. And that's one thing curious writers do really well-wonder.

Grace & Peace,

Jean

2 comments:

WordWrangler said...

Well, my computer keys are still there - but that is ONLY because I have a new keyboard.

With the help of 3 children, I have destroyed 2 keyboards (one on a laptop). The homekeys were wearing out and actually separated from the keyboard.

Weird. But true. :)

love you!
me

Camy Tang said...

I only just saw this today. Thanks for the link luv! I hope people find the posts useful.
Camy